The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
5 members (DadsFirstPickup, tclederman, Cletus1950, Ponchogl, 1 invisible), 226 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,107
Posts1,056,225
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#581170 10/07/2009 2:29 AM
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 11
W
New Guy
New Guy
W Offline
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 11
Unbolted the brackets on the floor and found that they are also arch welded. Do I drill these out or grind until they come loose?

Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 54
J
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
J Offline
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 54
I'm also replacing my gas tank in a 52" 3100 .I'm leaving the brackets because their in good enough shape and spot welded in.I just took out the straps by knocking out the pin holding then in.Put now I need to know where I can get just the straps ?

Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 433
H
'Bolter
'Bolter
H Offline
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 433
Originally Posted by joes1952
now I need to know where I can get just the straps ?


joes1952 just the straps can be found here Gas Tank Straps MEG131

American Classic Truck Parts also has them but it includes the floor brackets GTN-074


1954 Chevy 3104 3 Window Hydra-Matic in my family for over 60 Years

Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right... "Scarlet Begonias" Grateful Dead 1974
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 11
W
New Guy
New Guy
W Offline
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 11
U are welcome to have the ones I took off my apache


Moderated by  ndkid275, Phak1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0