| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,130 Posts1,056,713 Members48,454 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Nov 2008 Posts: 18 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Nov 2008 Posts: 18 | I am about to purchase new tires for my father-in-law's 1956 1300 and I am wondering what would be the appropriate size? I want to go with a radial, perhaps a whitewall, as the truck is being set up to drive, but I don't know what the original size was. I am guessing that a 15' 225 75 would be close, but any suggestions are appreciated. The truck will be driving on a fair amount of gravel. My father-in-law is just going to drive it until we can get it into a body shop. Might as well enjoy it. | | | | | Joined: Feb 2006 Posts: 549 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Feb 2006 Posts: 549 | I'm running 225/R15's on mine. They fill the fenderwell decently and have never rubbed - even when it's loaded fairly heavy. | | | | | Joined: Feb 2001 Posts: 4,095 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Feb 2001 Posts: 4,095 | i ran 235/70/15 on the rear for a while now have 235/75/ 15 on the rear and 215/75/15 on the front. ron
Ron, The Computer Greek I love therefore I am.1954 3100 Chevy truckIn the Gallery 2017 Buick Encore See more pix1960 MGA Roadster Sold 7/18/2017
| | | | | Joined: Nov 2008 Posts: 18 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Nov 2008 Posts: 18 | Thanks. I went with Cooper 225/75/15 and I'm very pleased with the result. My 1967 Cougar XR7 has been kicked out of the garage for the winter and my father in-law's '56 is in. We have tried for 5 years now to get a profesional restoration, but no one will do it; insurance claims pay so much more. Can't blame people. they have businesses to run and bills to pay. So that leaves a do it yourself job. I am confident that I can do a good job, a great job, actually, but lots of time and I hope you guys are prepared for a thousand questions! | | |
| |
| |