The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
9 members (John Dlugos, Buckeye998, Gray_Ghost, Gdads51, dt235sd, rfs56trk, BCBill, Otto Skorzeny, Dusty53), 236 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,101
Posts1,056,172
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#576894 09/22/2009 7:52 PM
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 181
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 181
Does anyone know where I can buy NEW springs for my Rochester B? I got a rebuild kit from NAPA, but it didn't come with a power piston spring, or a power piston check ball spring and I'm 90% sure that both of mine have been squished a little.

Does anyone know what the length of the power piston spring is supposed to be for a 54'?

I know that Carbking sells them, but I don't know if they are new, and you have to buy a $50+ rebuild kit before he'll sell you a spring for $8.

The NAPA kit comes with a little football shaped spring, is that the power piston check ball spring? It doesn't look anything like the one I took out.

Thanks Guys


Bryan
1954 3104 235 "AD" L-6 3-on-the tree
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 181
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 181
bump...

I'm guessing this means that new spring aren't availiable?


Bryan
1954 3104 235 "AD" L-6 3-on-the tree
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 181
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 181
Has anyone tried shimming the old springs with any success?


Bryan
1954 3104 235 "AD" L-6 3-on-the tree
Joined: Nov 2002
Posts: 2,766
C
Carburetion specialist
Carburetion specialist
C Offline
Joined: Nov 2002
Posts: 2,766
Originally Posted by Bryan Buser
Does anyone know where I can buy NEW springs for my Rochester B? I got a rebuild kit from NAPA, but it didn't come with a power piston spring, or a power piston check ball spring and I'm 90% sure that both of mine have been squished a little.

I know that Carbking sells them, but I don't know if they are new, and you have to buy a $50+ rebuild kit before he'll sell you a spring for $8.

Thanks Guys

The springs sold by carbking are new, and custom-made for carbking in the USA.

Jon.


Good carburetion is fuelish hot air
The most expensive carburetor is the wrong one you attempt to modify.
If you truly believe "one size fits all," try walking a mile in your spouse's shoes!
The Carburetor Shop
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 899
F
'Bolter
'Bolter
F Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 899
Power piston springs come in 2 lengths depending on the carb. 2-3/16" for carb 7001374/7002050 and 2-17/64" for carbs 7002051/7003060. This info is found at: chevy.oldcarmanualproject.com in the "manuals listed in order of year" section under 1950 "Servicing GM Model 'B' Carburetor". Another way to get springs is to buy old carbs online for parts. Good luck!


Ed

Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0