| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
0 members (),
100
guests, and
3
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,080 Posts1,056,317 Members48,442 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Sep 2009 Posts: 23 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Sep 2009 Posts: 23 | I know 1950 GMC didn't have seat belts. I need to put them in so my son and daughter can ride with me. 1. where to get a good safe belt? 2. how to mount them? | | | | | Joined: Oct 2002 Posts: 4,066 Bolter | | Bolter Joined: Oct 2002 Posts: 4,066 | you might check the website for Cletis, he has a deal on it about h ow to install them and where to get them. might be a little different for your 50 Jimmy but.... I will save you some time click here
Last edited by joker; 09/16/2009 7:35 PM.
Redryder pixMy HotrodA veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of "up to and including my life."I am fighting cancer and I am winning the fight | Pain is part of life; misery is an option. | | | | | Joined: Mar 2002 Posts: 9,115 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2002 Posts: 9,115 | I think the Deves site has some photos. One of the decisions is whether you want a single lap for the outside positions or the shoulder harness. I went with the lap belt. | | | | | Joined: May 2009 Posts: 181 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: May 2009 Posts: 181 | I think if you want the safest you need a modern three point belt, and be sure to reinforce the mounting points, not just a bolt through the sheetmetal, w/ a few washers.
If you're more concerned with it looking as stock as possible then I would go with just the lap belt.
I'm planning on putting in airplane-style lap belts, cause I think they look the best. But, I'm also leaving the stock drivetrain, meaning that it'll never go over 50 for an extended period of time, or out on a modern 70 mph highway.
Odds are that you'll never need them. Seems to me that everyone gawking at your cool old truck would probably cause other people to get in a few wrecks!
My $.02
Bryan 1954 3104 235 "AD" L-6 3-on-the tree
| | |
| |
| |