| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
3 members (Gdads51, 2 invisible),
60
guests, and
1
robot. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,115 Posts1,056,636 Members48,450 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Sep 2007 Posts: 15 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Sep 2007 Posts: 15 | 1968 Chevy c10 question: My tail lights went out today. The tail light slot in the fuse box contains a funny looking tiny relay switch thing with two posts that fit into the fuse slot.
Front turn signals work fine. Flasher flashes in front only - rear is completely dead.
Where should I start? | | | | | Joined: May 2005 Posts: 487 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: May 2005 Posts: 487 | The tail lights, backup lamps, and turn/brake lamps are separate circuits. If they all failed simultaneously, there is probably a single cause. The parts of the wiring common to all three are the connector under the bed and the grounds. Check these 1st. The item in the fuse box is probably a circuit breaker. works like a fuse but automatically resets after a few minutes. There will be a separate fuse position for tail lamps and stop lamps. I forget where backup lamps get power.
regards, Leon | | | | | Joined: Nov 2002 Posts: 1,002 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Nov 2002 Posts: 1,002 | The wire harness for the rear lights plugs into a connector on the firewall. That didn't come out?
Larry
I don't own a vehicle that isn't old enough to drink. | | | | | Joined: Sep 2007 Posts: 15 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Sep 2007 Posts: 15 | The wires that come from the steering column look like they got moved. Maybe I kisked them. But they are still connected. The wires come out of the base and connect in a rainbow/half moon looking shaped plug. Then they go into circuit board. I have followed them along and can't see anthing out of place. Is there a place I should test them? I have a meter but not sure how to use it. Dome light and dash went dark today too, but that might be from messing with the other wires. I will need to check. Any other advice welcome. Tonight I will trace under bed and see if I can find anything loose. | | | | | Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 841 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 841 | you can just get a simple 12 volt test light for a couple of bucks now and don't have to worry about the meter. i would personally start at the bulb take it out check there, then follow it back up to the next connection till you find where it lights up. | | | | | Joined: May 2001 Posts: 7,438 Extreme Gabster | | Extreme Gabster Joined: May 2001 Posts: 7,438 | I'd rather "worry" about a meter than have to try to troubleshoot with a test light. If you intend to troubleshoot automotive electrical problems, you need a multi-meter. | | |
| |
| |