| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,087 Posts1,056,344 Members48,442 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Dec 2004 Posts: 91 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Dec 2004 Posts: 91 | Where the rear of the inner fender attatches to the firewall or actually the outside portion of the toeboard, there is a peice where 3 bolts make the connection.I have the drivers side one that also secures part of the parking brake system in place. This bolts to the lower toeboard. I don't have the passenger side one. Do any of you know where I can get one?? Thanks, Elmer | | | | | Joined: Feb 2006 Posts: 428 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Feb 2006 Posts: 428 | If it is what I think you are asking about, they are called inner fender to firewall filler plates. They are odd shaped metal plates with a gasket or seal between them and the firewsll. Most of the vendors carry them, and if you place an ad in the parts wanted forum I am sure you can get an original set of them very reasonable. | | | | | Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 9,671 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 9,671 | That's the "parking brake support" your talking about Elmer. There isn't a support on the passenger side. On the passenger side the bolts go thru the toe board from inside and the inner skirt has three nut retainers welded to it's back flange. On the driver side the nuts are swedged in the support and the bolts go thru the rear flange of the left inner skirt. Denny Graham Sandwich, IL
Last edited by Denny Graham; 09/11/2009 12:12 AM.
Denny G Sandwich, IL
| | | | | Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 4,983 Master Gabster | | Master Gabster Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 4,983 | Elmer, you really need a factory assembly manual. It clearly shows no support on the passenger side. I wold be lost without mine.
~Jim
| | | | | Joined: Dec 2004 Posts: 91 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Dec 2004 Posts: 91 | That's probably the reason I can't find the passenger side one----------because there isn't one!!!Thanks for your help here. The passenger side inner does not have nut retainers welded to it so should I just put a 1/4 in. spacer between the toe board and the inner and just bolt it together? Or should they be bolted directly together? Thanks. Elmer | | | | | Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,269 Bubba - Curmudgeon | | Bubba - Curmudgeon Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,269 | Bolted directly together.
| | |
| |
| |