The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
6 members (Jon G, Hotrod Lincoln, rfs56trk, BC59, Robert Crandall, Gray_Ghost), 94 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,122
Posts1,056,331
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 111
J
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
J Offline
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 111
Hey fellas,
I went to the National Street Rod Assoc show this past weekend here in Richmond, VA. I really liked some of the 1950's era trucks that had orange or red painted rims with standard hubcaps. I never thought I would like this look, but it really off-sets well with the trucks paint, and shows well. Does anyone have any pics that they can share with me of trucks with painted rims in this manner? My '57 truck is dark green, and am trying to decide on the best color. THANKS!

Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 946
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 946
Here is a 55.2 with red rims. The truck is red too so I don't know if this will help you. I am painting mine bright yellow and can't decide if the rims should be white, yellow, or beige.

If I were going with dark green, I would paint the rims either black or white with nice chrome caps, just my opinion.
Red 55.2 NAPCO

Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 946
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 946
Johnnyrock70,
Here is another one. I believe this truck was the original in the old NAPCO promotional video. It showed this truck climbing Pikes peak all the way off road.

Hmm, black rims look pretty good too.

Yellow 55



Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 946
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 946
Here is a dark green one with white rims. This is one of the most beautiful GMC's I have ever seen on the web.

Green GMC NAPCO

And finally a dark green one with black rims. I'm starting to like the black rims as well.
Green with black


Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 1
S
New Guy
New Guy
S Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 1
I THINK IF THE ROOF IS WHITE THE WHITE WHEELS SET IT OFF

BUT IF IT'S A SOLID COLOR BLACK OR TRUCK COLOR LOOKS BEST

JUST MY OPINION / HOPE IT HELPS


Moderated by  klhansen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0