| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
1 members (WICruiser),
191
guests, and
1
robot. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,102 Posts1,056,184 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Nov 2006 Posts: 102 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Nov 2006 Posts: 102 | I have found the back and front shoes, cyclinders and the back hardware kit. Which is doing something from here in Canada. BUT I cannot find the front hardware kit ( spring kit)
Any help/advice out there?
Thanks EB | | | | | Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,269 Bubba - Curmudgeon | | Bubba - Curmudgeon Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,269 | 1963 GMC 1/2 ton? The front and rear kits are the same on a Chevrolet. NAPA shows the 63 GMC 1/2 ton front kit (UP 80406) to be different from the rear kit (UP 80488). | | | | | Joined: Nov 2006 Posts: 102 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Nov 2006 Posts: 102 | Napa tells me that they have no part # for a 63 GMC sub 4x4 for front hardware kit. The front spring and hold down kit is quite different on my sub. This is the problem. Turns out there are also 2 different cyclinders listed as well. The 1st set were wrong and I am waiting for the right ones......One for the right from Toronto and the left from somewhere in Alabama. Complicated. I will check with Napa US and get them to run your #'s again.
Thanks for the info!!!
EB | | | | | Joined: Apr 2006 Posts: 62 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Apr 2006 Posts: 62 | EB-- Try "Bill's Truck Shop Ltd" in Courtice ON near Oshawa www.billstruckshop.com or e-mail [email protected]If he doesn't have the parts you want, he will get them for you. He is very good to work with and will be fair-- tell him Stan sent you. Tel (905) 725-3460 Fax (905) 725-2022 Stan N | | | | | Joined: Nov 2006 Posts: 102 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Nov 2006 Posts: 102 | Turns out that |Napa thinks your #'s for the hardware kit front is for 64. They have a partial kit for the hold down springs but the return springs are no longer listing. Will have to make something. at least I got half the kit. | | | | | Joined: Nov 2006 Posts: 102 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Nov 2006 Posts: 102 | Hey Stan....I dropped into to see Bill in Courtice on my way home from Montreal yesterday and NO GO! re the back hardware kit. Have got lots of good stuff from Bill in the past though.
At least I found the hold down springs from Napa.
Thanks for the reply....EB. | | | | | Joined: Feb 2006 Posts: 564 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Feb 2006 Posts: 564 | Try my local CarQuest store, and see if they'll ship them to you. They've been a HUGE help with my '62 Suburban, especially with brakes. Wheel cylinders on the shelf (1-inch bore; 1 1/8-inch bore was a day away) shoes on the shelf, and I just called them yesterday to see if they could get me some rear drums, and they not only could, they had them ON THE SHELF!
Best of all, while LMC lists them online for $45 each, CarQuest has them for $25 each.
(706) 367-5000. Ask for Greg, and tell him Brad with the '62 Suburban sent you.
-Brad SOUTHERN FALL GABfestOctober 6 ~ Commerce, Georgia Details here!Never Pee on an Electric Fence. | | | | | Joined: Mar 2002 Posts: 9,115 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2002 Posts: 9,115 | I will second the comments on Bill's truck shop. I am a regular visitor!
Carquest can be very helpful. They usually get out an old catalog and find the part there. Next they enter the number into their computer system to find the part. | | | | | Joined: Nov 2006 Posts: 102 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Nov 2006 Posts: 102 | Thanks Brad, I talked to C.Q today and they had the right hardware kit for my burb on the shelf and sent it up to Niagara Falls just across the border from me. I will pick it up Sat.They seem to have a large stock of old parts so it ooks like I will be checking C.Q. for parts when I need them from now on.
EB. | | | | | Joined: Feb 2006 Posts: 564 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Feb 2006 Posts: 564 | That's hysterical! I stopped in there today and picked up my drums. They're new, not old stock, but I've gotten so much stuff there it's scary.
When I walked in, the guy looked at me and said "did you tell some guy in Canada to call us? He mentioned your name, and we hooked him up with some parts and are shipping them to Canada."
-Brad SOUTHERN FALL GABfestOctober 6 ~ Commerce, Georgia Details here!Never Pee on an Electric Fence. | | |
| |
| |