The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
5 members (Gdads51, TUTS 59, 55shaker, MikeStone1953, Wally / Montana), 138 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,109
Posts1,056,258
Members48,437
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#561307 08/02/2009 3:58 AM
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 6
6
New Guy
New Guy
6 Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 6
Here is my 67 C50. Anchorage Alaska is its home for the time being, until we sell my wife's condo and get a shop/garage and possibly a house soon. This truck apparently worked the mines of Alaska until the owner died a few years back. The daughter was selling some of his stuff and vehicles. I bought this one for $500.00. It has an old Lincoln arc welder and an Ingersoll Rand air compressor on its back. 19,500 GVWR. She told me she had no idea of its condition, or whether any of it ran or not. I love a challenge, so I turned all three engines over by hand, and said sold. More details of the retrieval in the welcome new members section of the forum. ANYWAY, 2nd gear pops out, I have no ignition switch, the mirrors are broken and badly...distressed...and the tail lights/ brake lights are inop. The left front fender is crunched pretty good, and the tires are just plain shot. (I assume) it is a (292) 6 cylinder in it, a 4 speed, and a 2 speed rear. The windshield was nearly all gone, I have replaced that, and the drivers door window is broken away. She's a bit rough, but no real rust to speak of...I hope to get it functional and safe to drive before winter, then start restoring when I have the property to do so.

Last edited by Peggy M; 04/24/2025 10:48 PM.
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 7
R
New Guy
New Guy
R Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 7
Very nice truck. I have a 67 C50 and a 69 C50 just like it.


Rick Woods

Moderated by  Hambone, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0