The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (Gdads51, Bill Hanlon, 3B, Otto Skorzeny), 166 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,110
Posts1,056,246
Members48,437
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#555087 07/13/2009 2:04 AM
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 17
P
PBO
Offline
Apprentice
Apprentice
P Offline
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 17
It's been a while since I posted and need to do a little updating. My Grandson an I have completed the installation of an'87 Suburban front crossmember which gave us power disc brakes; we swapped out a '72 rear end to provide a 5-hole pattern front and rear. We drilled the rivets out of the crossmember and removed it to allow installation of a Chev 327/T350 using an aftermarket crossmember for the tranny mount. Two questions 1) what have you guys done to modify the emergency brake system and 2) it appears we can use a 1-piece driveshaft without cutting the "oval", is this true? Help appreciated.

Joined: Nov 2002
Posts: 1,002
L
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
L Offline
Joined: Nov 2002
Posts: 1,002
I had a 63 C20 that was originally a 292 and 3 spd, that the previous owner had replaced with a 350 and th400. The drive shaft was one piece. There appeared to be no modifications to the oval.

The emergency brake was a lever under the steering column. There is a cable off the lever that goes down to the cross member for the tranny. Where it attached to the rear emergency brake cables. I'm going to install the same on the 63 I have now.

LG


I don't own a vehicle that isn't old enough to drink.
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 17
P
PBO
Offline
Apprentice
Apprentice
P Offline
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 17
LG, thanks again for your input; that seems like a good idea to move the "mechanicals" for the e-brake to the new crossmember and remake the cables. I'll go to the site you left for the dash and be back in touch. Thanks, Jim


Moderated by  Hambone, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0