The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
5 members (Charles in CA, mick53, Gray_Ghost, BC59, klhansen), 168 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,113
Posts1,056,277
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#55372 01/21/2006 10:00 PM
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 343
C
Member
Member
C Offline
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 343
I am rebuilding my SM420 4-spd transmission and I picked up a rebuild kit from Novak and have a question about which gasket to use on the input shaft cover. The Novak kit gave me two gaskets for this purpose a thick one and a thin one. The directions do not say which one to use. As luck would have it, I can find all the gaskets I removed but this one, so I can not compare to what was there originally. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Jim


1954 GMC 1/2-ton Longbed
1971 Pontiac LeMans Sport
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 2,893
W
Socket Breaker
Socket Breaker
W Offline
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 2,893
I would call Novak, I've heard they have really good customer support.

Maybe someone else in here has the answer for ya, but I'd definitely give them a buzz.

---

http://www.novak-adapt.com/contact/contact.htm

Tech: 435.753.2513 - 9a to 5p MST -

---

[email protected]

This is express support available only to our existing customers who may require assistance with a previous purchase

---

-W

Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 343
C
Member
Member
C Offline
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 343
I tried calling the Novak Tech support line, but no answer. I did write them an email, but who knows how long before they answer. Anyone else run into this problem before? Thanks.

Jim


1954 GMC 1/2-ton Longbed
1971 Pontiac LeMans Sport
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 343
C
Member
Member
C Offline
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 343
Novak Tech support got back to me and gave me the 411 on the different thickness gasket question. The oil seal tends to wear a groove in the input shaft after years of service, so by using the thicker gasket or maybe both you move the oil seal to an unworn area of the input shaft.


1954 GMC 1/2-ton Longbed
1971 Pontiac LeMans Sport

Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0