| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,113 Posts1,056,616 Members48,450 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jan 2007 Posts: 615 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jan 2007 Posts: 615 | Just proved it to myself again..the rochester on my 235..Bought a kit..It ran Ok after that but not great...Hard to start, rough idle no matter how you tuned it...took the carb apart and reset everything..same difference..
Last week I'm up late on Jim Carters site and out of the blue I buy a rebuilt carb..upgraded to automatic choke. Hook the carb up, turn the key on...step on the starter...instant nice idle first try, even with no gas in the carb..just a prime.Seems to happen to me all the time. I'm thinkin it must be better deep cleaning of the passages where they rebuid them.
Thanks..I feel better now..Got a good running engine even though I don't know why I can't do it with one of my rebuilt carbs.
Keith | | | | | Joined: Feb 2005 Posts: 469 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Feb 2005 Posts: 469 | Don't beat your self up over a old rochester most of them are junk. I've worked a on alot of them only about 3 out of ten are rebuildable. I've been useing tilotson and carter yf carbs for the last few year with great success. The last yf I rebuilt worked right on the first start with only idle adjustment needed. What kind of carb did you buy? | | |
| |
| |