The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (Nick in Manitou, TooMany2count, klhansen), 120 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,109
Posts1,056,240
Members48,437
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#549862 06/26/2009 1:24 AM
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 610
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 610
If anyone is in need of a new fender(s) I have to say don't overlook the fiberglass ones that are available. I just received my second front fiberglass fender for my 52 and am very happy with what I got.

One manufacture I will highly recommend is verdine performance. Very high quality, practically ready to paint once you lightly sand the gel coating off.

My front fenders weren't rusted bad at all but they required alot of filler and sanding that I just did not want to deal with. I primed one so far and then wet sanded with 400 then 600 grit sandpaper and I think they turned out way better than if I tried using the steal fenders. I got both front fenders for $160 + $50 shipping each off their ebay store.

http://stores.shop.ebay.com/Verdine-Performance__W0QQ_armrsZ1
http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/verdine-parts_W0QQ_nkwZQQ_armrsZ1QQ_fromZ

I plan to buy the rear fenders and some other fiberglass parts from this company. Highly recommended!

Im not at all affiliated with this company, just sharing my thoughts for others to see.

Last edited by drummin52; 06/26/2009 1:24 AM.
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 934
T
'Bolter
'Bolter
T Offline
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 934
I received a set. I'm building a 49 3/4 ton for northeast winter driving. I'm building it with fiberglass running boards, rear and front fenders. Using the steel inner fenders for support though and stainless steel braces, bumpers, lines, and having stainless bed crossmembers being made. All fasteners are SS too.

I hate to see good original fenders rot in all the usual places. And with the road salt around here...I can have some peace of mind. Cab bottom, floors etc. are being prepped with POR and then bed liner. fenders areas will have closed cell foam proteotors etc. too. We'll see how it weathers the storm when I'm done with it.


1946 GMC Project
"Back-in-the-day Restore"
Read the story in the DITY Gallery
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 610
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 610
where did you get fiberglass running boards from and how much were they. I will need some new running boards soon and was thinking of going that route but couldn't find any.

Thanks


Moderated by  klhansen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0