The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (WICruiser, 2 invisible), 142 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,109
Posts1,056,269
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#547322 06/17/2009 1:07 AM
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 102
N
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
N Offline
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 102
I just purchased LMC's 2-1/2 drop spindles and 4 inch drop rear springs for my 61 Apache and was wondering if anyone else has done the same on these trucks. Feedback of any kind would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks. laalaa


1961 Chevy C10 Stepside

In the Gallery
On my web site
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 738
F
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
F Offline
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 738
Have you swapped out your front end so the drop spindles will work? You have a trsion bar set up in the front of your truck and those spindles are for the 63-66 trucks. Maybe I am wrong...do they make a spindle for the 61? If so then I need to buy that kit too smile

I may be wrong and I apologize if I am. Someone wlse will sound off with the real knowledge!!

Kyle


"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity." - George S. Patton

My Machine
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 213
C
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
C Offline
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 213
I have a 60 C10 that have the 2" drop spindles installed. I bought the truck that way, but I'm sure I've seen them in the catalogs for 60-62.
Joe


54 Triumph TR2(rhd)needs total resto.
60 Apache 10 stepside shortbed
99 Excelsior Henderson
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 102
N
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
N Offline
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 102
Fort Knox, Yes they do have 2 1/2 inch drop spindles for 60-62 and 63-66 from LMC.




http://www.lmctruck.com/icatalog/cbe/full.aspx?Page=67


1961 Chevy C10 Stepside

In the Gallery
On my web site
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,262
H
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
H Offline
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,262
LMC used to get their drop springs from CPP, Classic Performance Products. If you buy directly from CPP it will save you some hard earned cash.

4" Drop Rear Coil Springs
LMC = $169.95 CPP = $95.00

And it looks like the drop spindles are also cheaper from CPP...

Drop Spindles
LMC = $299.95 CPP = $239.00

A savings of $136!

You might want to send those parts back, order the parts from CPP, and put the savings in your pocket.

Here is CPP's website:

http://www.classicperform.com/

Last edited by Hot Rod John; 06/18/2009 12:37 AM.

In the Stovebolt Gallery ~~ "The Orange Crate" 1965 C10 SWB Step Side Build Thread

Inspired to be different. Different in a way of my own, not in a way that others strive.
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 102
N
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
N Offline
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 102
Hot Rod John,

I just bought the drop spindles and springs from LMC. I could not find the 4 inch drop springs for 60-62 though CPP. Do they sell them???


1961 Chevy C10 Stepside

In the Gallery
On my web site
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,262
H
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
H Offline
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,262
Yep, well at least they show them online.

Here is the link:
http://www.classicperform.com/6092chevtrk.htm#Spindles%20&%20Coil%20Springs

RCS6034 1960-72 rear 4" drop, pair $95.00


CP4S1 1960-62, 2-1/2" drop, set $239.00

Last edited by Hot Rod John; 06/18/2009 12:41 AM.

In the Stovebolt Gallery ~~ "The Orange Crate" 1965 C10 SWB Step Side Build Thread

Inspired to be different. Different in a way of my own, not in a way that others strive.
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 102
N
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
N Offline
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 102
Thanks Hot Rod John. I will compare prices next time. Much appreciated.


1961 Chevy C10 Stepside

In the Gallery
On my web site

Moderated by  Hambone, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0