The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (Ponchogl, kades51, dt235sd, 1 invisible), 90 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,109
Posts1,056,569
Members48,448
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#546382 06/13/2009 7:06 PM
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 33
J
Apprentice
Apprentice
J Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 33
i was looking through all the links and most vendors all seem to be for the smaller trucks. So where do you have to go to get parts for big trucks. Especially used ones like body parts but mechanical parts too.


Be American, Buy American
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 12,029
F
Cruising in the Passing Lane
Cruising in the Passing Lane
F Offline
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 12,029
the cabs/doors are identical regardless of model size ... the front sheet metal for 1/2T - 1T is identical, and the 1.5T up is the same in a larger size - patch panels for the light trucks will work on the heavies .... mechanical parts can be a search, but if you indicate the year someone could point you in the right direction

Bill


Moved over to the Passing Lane

"When we tug a single thing in nature, we find it attached to the rest of the world" ~ John Muir
"When we tug a single thing on an old truck, we find it falls off" ~ me
Some TF series details & TF heater pics
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,270
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,270

J Man,

What year, model/size, and brand of truck are you referring to? If it is your "regular" truck, you might want to put this information in your Profile.

Bill, is referring to most Chevrolet trucks. If you are referring to a COE/LCF and/or GMC trucks, the bigger GMC trucks have additional differences in cabs and sheet metal.

If you are looking for used parts, check out the Swap Meet.

In any case, parts specific to larger trucks are much harder to find new or used.

Tim


Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 39
M
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
M Offline
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 39
I, hands down, recommend Jim Carters truck parts. He himself as well as his staff have been extremely helpful with my search for a truck. I have not bought anything from them yet, but I sure do plan to when I get my truck. I dont know if they carry every single part for a big bolt, but I know they carry brakes and a lot of other stuff as well.


No 'bolt yet, but if you'd like to help me out with that, send me a message! Or check out my wanted add in the swap meet.
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 33
J
Apprentice
Apprentice
J Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 33
I just picked up a '41 Chevy for $300. I think it is a 1.5 ton but might be a little bigger (not COE, I wish). I am at the save it or part it stage. If I save it, it will need new fenders (easier) or heavily rework the ones I have. So fenders will be one issue. I will want to upgrade the brakes on it (complete rebuild with addition of power brake booster/hydra brake setup). I am also missing one wheel and have one mismatched wheel so i will need to find 3 wheels. I will need to parch or replace the running boards as well.

I would swap in a different engine but not sure how big of one yet.



Last edited by J Man; 06/17/2009 12:47 AM.

Be American, Buy American

Moderated by  69Cuda, Super55 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0