| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
7 members (Peggy M, mick53, Steelonsteel, Otto Skorzeny, Robert Crandall, Charles in CA, JW51),
130
guests, and
2
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,109 Posts1,056,267 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Aug 2005 Posts: 10 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Aug 2005 Posts: 10 | Hi all, I've gone through the forums and couldn't find an answer to this, so here I go. My truck is a Chevy 1950 1/2 ton. A previous owener connected the oil pressure lines and temp line to new gauges he placed below the dash. I want to reattach both line to the original gauges. The amp gauge and the fuel gauges both work, so my assumption is the original oil pressue and temp gauges also worked. He wanted a higher pressure oil gauge and a higher temp reading gauge, I guess. Any how, I can see the back side of the oil gauge but am not sure the fitting I need is there. I bought a new oil pressure line with fittings and can fit one end to the block, but am not sure how the other end attaches to the oil pressure gauge. I can't find pictures of the back side to help me out. Can someone provide the picture maybe of the backside, or just explain what fitting(s) connect the pressure line to the gauge? Thanks ahead for your responses. | | | | | Joined: Mar 2002 Posts: 9,115 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2002 Posts: 9,115 | The fitting on the gauge is similar to the one on the block. There is a little cone shaped piece that get compressed when the fitting is done up.
The temperature gauge has a sealed tube connecting the gauge to the sending unit. | | | | | Joined: Jun 2005 Posts: 1,756 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jun 2005 Posts: 1,756 | A ferrel, My gauges came with a electric sender for the oil gauge. | | | | | Joined: Mar 2002 Posts: 9,115 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2002 Posts: 9,115 | gazim, thanks, I couldn't remember the correct spelling! | | | | | Joined: May 2001 Posts: 7,438 Extreme Gabster | | Extreme Gabster Joined: May 2001 Posts: 7,438 | If you want correct spelling it's ferrule. | | |
| |
| |