The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (Wheelie, tclederman, Woodcmiami), 113 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,113
Posts1,056,279
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#546234 06/13/2009 5:00 AM
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 10
P
New Guy
New Guy
P Offline
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 10
Hi all,
I've gone through the forums and couldn't find an answer to this, so here I go. My truck is a Chevy 1950 1/2 ton. A previous owener connected the oil pressure lines and temp line to new gauges he placed below the dash. I want to reattach both line to the original gauges. The amp gauge and the fuel gauges both work, so my assumption is the original oil pressue and temp gauges also worked. He wanted a higher pressure oil gauge and a higher temp reading gauge, I guess. Any how, I can see the back side of the oil gauge but am not sure the fitting I need is there. I bought a new oil pressure line with fittings and can fit one end to the block, but am not sure how the other end attaches to the oil pressure gauge. I can't find pictures of the back side to help me out.
Can someone provide the picture maybe of the backside, or just explain what fitting(s) connect the pressure line to the gauge?
Thanks ahead for your responses.

Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 9,115
'Bolter
'Bolter
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 9,115
The fitting on the gauge is similar to the one on the block. There is a little cone shaped piece that get compressed when the fitting is done up.

The temperature gauge has a sealed tube connecting the gauge to the sending unit.


1951 GMC 1 Ton Flatbed -- It is finally on the road and what a great time I have driving it!
1951 1 Ton Completed


My Chevy Master 4 Door is on the Road!
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 1,756
G
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
G Offline
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 1,756
A ferrel, My gauges came with a electric sender for the oil gauge.

gazim #546345 06/13/2009 4:21 PM
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 9,115
'Bolter
'Bolter
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 9,115
gazim,
thanks, I couldn't remember the correct spelling!


1951 GMC 1 Ton Flatbed -- It is finally on the road and what a great time I have driving it!
1951 1 Ton Completed


My Chevy Master 4 Door is on the Road!
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 7,438
Extreme Gabster
Extreme Gabster
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 7,438
If you want correct spelling it's ferrule.


"It's just a phase. He'll grow out of it." Mama, 1964

1956 Chevy 1/2-ton 3100
1953 Chevy 6100 "The Yard dog"
1954 GMC Suburban Now with a new proud owner.

Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0