The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (Otto Skorzeny, msmall, 1 invisible), 143 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,137
Posts1,056,471
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 487
L
'Bolter
'Bolter
L Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 487
My local paint store can't find the formula for pearl beige from either the Dupont #93-72389 or the PPG #21122. Does anyone have any other codes that have worked recently?

regards,
Leon

Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269

Leon,

PPG can usually provide modern codes ("offset codes") for old paint codes. There is information on how to contact the PPG Color Library at the bottom of this Tech Tip.

I'll be looking for the Pearl Beige paint when the 54 I am restoring is at that stage.

Tim


Joined: May 2005
Posts: 487
L
'Bolter
'Bolter
L Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 487
I called PPG and talked to them about it.
They no longer have the formulas for Pearl Beige.
They do however, have a test panel left over from sometime in the past. They said that I should have my paint mixer call them when I was ready. They would then pull panel #21122 and have it analyzed to create a formula for the paint chemistry I wanted to get.

A lot of effort when all I want is a pint of air-dry enamel to use for touchup.

And I don't even know for sure if my truck is the same color Pearl Beige as PPG's sample panel.

I may be better off taking some part of my truck to a local paint store that has a color matching lab.

Leon


Moderated by  ndkid275, Phak1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0