The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (Otto Skorzeny, John L., D B Cooper, TUTS 59), 145 guests, and 10 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,098
Posts1,056,167
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#542477 05/31/2009 9:09 PM
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 13
G
New Guy
New Guy
G Offline
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 13
Now I know that I've gotta 316 cid blok in my 56 GMC, I try to unlock the id of the hydra-matic.

N 1-4 1-3 1-2 R
GMC Truck Hydra-matic

So can someone give me some tips where I can find the casting codes? The numbers I've found are 8615573, the serialTAG says CA-55-5754.

THNX Already

Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 1,299
G
'Bolter
'Bolter
G Offline
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 1,299

Joined: May 2009
Posts: 13
G
New Guy
New Guy
G Offline
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 13
Oke THNX but my truck should be from 1956, this manual (very interesting by the way)is from 1946-1955. Does that mean that the hydra-matic is 1955? Is that what the TAG CA-55-5775 means?

Last edited by GMC56; 06/01/2009 9:22 AM.
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 1,299
G
'Bolter
'Bolter
G Offline
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 1,299
I was hoping the manuals would "break the code" for you and help with identification. The next advice I would give is to go to www.areds.com snag the 800 phone number and contact Leon.

Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 788
P
'Bolter
'Bolter
P Offline
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 788
B&M should also know as it was the early h/matic that actually put them in business
ron

Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 769
L
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
L Offline
Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 769
Just out of curiosity, why is it important to know what the casting number means?

You will find much more hydro information over an Old GMC trucks web site.

OldGMCtrucks.com

Last edited by Lonnie Gallaher; 06/01/2009 5:50 PM.
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 13
G
New Guy
New Guy
G Offline
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 13
That's it curiosity, just like the engine numbers and VIN I thought that the numbers of the hydramtic also ment something.
I just want to know if it is the original one that came with the car back in '56. smile


Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0