| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
0 members (),
117
guests, and
1
robot. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,089 Posts1,056,141 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: May 2009 Posts: 13 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: May 2009 Posts: 13 | Now I know that I've gotta 316 cid blok in my 56 GMC, I try to unlock the id of the hydra-matic. N 1-4 1-3 1-2 R GMC Truck Hydra-matic
So can someone give me some tips where I can find the casting codes? The numbers I've found are 8615573, the serialTAG says CA-55-5754.
THNX Already | | | | | Joined: Aug 2001 Posts: 1,299 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Aug 2001 Posts: 1,299 | | | | | | Joined: May 2009 Posts: 13 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: May 2009 Posts: 13 | Oke THNX but my truck should be from 1956, this manual (very interesting by the way)is from 1946-1955. Does that mean that the hydra-matic is 1955? Is that what the TAG CA-55-5775 means?
Last edited by GMC56; 06/01/2009 9:22 AM.
| | | | | Joined: Aug 2001 Posts: 1,299 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Aug 2001 Posts: 1,299 | I was hoping the manuals would "break the code" for you and help with identification. The next advice I would give is to go to www.areds.com snag the 800 phone number and contact Leon. | | | | | Joined: Mar 2009 Posts: 788 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2009 Posts: 788 | B&M should also know as it was the early h/matic that actually put them in business ron | | | | | Joined: Feb 2000 Posts: 769 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Feb 2000 Posts: 769 | Just out of curiosity, why is it important to know what the casting number means? You will find much more hydro information over an Old GMC trucks web site. OldGMCtrucks.com
Last edited by Lonnie Gallaher; 06/01/2009 5:50 PM.
| | | | | Joined: May 2009 Posts: 13 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: May 2009 Posts: 13 | That's it curiosity, just like the engine numbers and VIN I thought that the numbers of the hydramtic also ment something. I just want to know if it is the original one that came with the car back in '56.  | | |
| |
| |