The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
7 members (kades51, tclederman, fonz8261, TooMany2count, dt235sd, 2 invisible), 63 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,132
Posts1,056,386
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#542193 05/30/2009 4:03 PM
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 100
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 100
I have been wet sanding the bigger parts on my 51 and now its time to move onto the bed. How should I handle wet sanding the stake pockets?


1951 Chevy 3100 Deluxe 5-window
Four generations and still not for sale!

In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pictures in Photobucket

David
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 425
O
'Bolter
'Bolter
O Offline
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 425
I'd skip the stake pockets if possible because you are more likely to sand too deep on a corner, and it will be hard to buff them.

Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 2,644
C
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
C Offline
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 2,644
You didn't say if you were wet sanding primer or finished top coat.


Woody
Your Brother in Bolthood

My 1951 half-ton 'Ol Red

Save the VINTAGE DOOR ART! Please contribute photos.
Door Art Collection
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 100
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 100
I did it again. Not typing what I was thinking. Yes I’m wet sanding the finished top coat. I spent two days just on one side panel not even doing the pockets. I think I will leave the pockets alone or until my painter gets a free get out of jail card. If any body did wet sand the pockets let me no how that worked out.

Thanks


1951 Chevy 3100 Deluxe 5-window
Four generations and still not for sale!

In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pictures in Photobucket

David

Moderated by  klhansen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0