The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
5 members (Dennys28, Steelonsteel, Opelika Tom, Guitplayer, Ponchogl), 120 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,134
Posts1,056,401
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 61
A
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
A Offline
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 61
I found the Article on Tech Tips (http://www.stovebolt.com/techtips/kingpins.htm) for the kingpin replacement and it helps a lot.
I bought a new kingpin set and I have a question on the thrust bearing. Is that the correct installation for the thrust bearing?

[IMG]http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/650/thrustbearing.th.jpg[/IMG]


'59 Apache
'67 Mustang
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 6
M
New Guy
New Guy
M Offline
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 6
No, the two pieces with the bronze coating go together face to face and the thick spacer goes on top. contact the people at Classic perform parts they sell this type of kingpin kit. I know I just installed one from them and the kingpins came with no directions,I emailed them and they sent me a drawing of how they go. check them out at www.classicperform.com Mel

Last edited by Mel Swell; 06/14/2009 12:26 PM.
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 61
A
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
A Offline
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 61
Thanx for your help!


'59 Apache
'67 Mustang

Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0