The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
2 members (Brian Moore, panel fan), 166 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,107
Posts1,056,225
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 46
K
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
K Offline
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 46
My 39 Chevy 1/2 ton needs the trans rebuilt. Where can a find a rebuild kit for 3 speed? Or it is just best to try to find another trans in better shape?

Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,644
P
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
P Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,644
There is no rebuild kit for Your trans it depends on what parts it needs if it just needs bearings and or seals or bushings You could match them up at a bearing shop if You need gears than You could get another trans and mix parts on both to make one good one, get a shop manual , they are not that hard to fix just take Your time and have fun , Pete

Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 8,597
W
Riding in the Passing Lane
Riding in the Passing Lane
W Offline
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 8,597
They are pretty easy to rebuild. I dont think there is a full rebuild kit avaiable but all the bearings & seals & gaskets are available from a parts store & the specialty suppliers have the other parts.


They say money can't buy happiness. It can buy old Chevy trucks though. Same thing.
1972 Chevy c10 Cheyenne Super
In the Gallery Forum
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,513
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,513


1952 1300 Canadian 1/2 ton restomod
You Tube
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 46
K
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
K Offline
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 46
I think I'm going to try to do the rebuild myself. What's the worst that can happen? If I mess it up I'm no farther behind then I am now. Thanks for the parts list. I'll order them Monday.

Scott

Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,775
W
'Bolter
'Bolter
W Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,775
I have a 54 3600 truck with an open driveline. Would the seal kit on the Chev's of the 40 site work for my application or do I need to keep looking?


1954 3600 Chevy Truck
"The Fake Truck"
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Photobucket

Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0