| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,109 Posts1,056,253 Members48,437 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Aug 2000 Posts: 800 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Aug 2000 Posts: 800 | Does anyone happen to have a Napa or other number for a fan belt for a GMC 228 w/ original Generator? The cover over the motor mount means that it should be thin-say 7/8" or less. I pulled my radiator out of the '45 last week fully expecting to have it recored. Turns out it's not original, but it looks like maybe from a 3/4 ton. PO had drilled new holes in the mounting flange about an inch higher than the original raditor sat. Took it to a local radiator guy, he pressure tested it to 18psi-no leaks. Cleaned it, and he got a flow rate of 17 gals per minute. He said no new core wasn't going to touch that. $48 bucks please, Thank you very much. Looks like I may be stuck with a flex lower hose- the lower end points up at a 45. If it was straight the Chevy hose would fit. New water pump is on and a thermostat! PO didn't believe in them apparently. Now all I need is a belt that fits.  | | | | | Joined: Feb 2001 Posts: 1,897 Member | | Member Joined: Feb 2001 Posts: 1,897 | I looked on the belt on my 228 and the only thing I can get off of it is B106 --- 385 Made in U.S.A. 15435 ------- 089
There is enough good in the worst of us and enough bad in the best of us that it does not behoove any of us to criticize the rest of us. - - Be yourself. If you are ever lost, It will be much easier to find yourself if you know who you are!
| | | | | Joined: Jun 2001 Posts: 793 Bondo Artiste | | Bondo Artiste Joined: Jun 2001 Posts: 793 | Howdy K10!! Check www.oldgmctrucks.com He has a section of part numbers used for belts and such from Napa Auto Parts stores. I hope this helps!!
~ Phillip 1949 GMC Suburban - 10 year project 1952 Pontiac Chieftain Convertible straight 8 hydramatic 1945 GMC half ton truck - Driver- Sold 9-15-25 1946 Chevy COE - SOLD 1-5-26 BUH BYE CHEVY! 1959 GMC Half ton long bed NAPCO | | | | | Joined: Aug 2000 Posts: 800 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Aug 2000 Posts: 800 | It does, but I have the larger pulley. I.e. 7/8" | | | | | Joined: Feb 2001 Posts: 1,897 Member | | Member Joined: Feb 2001 Posts: 1,897 | oops! missed that part the first time. the pulleys on this 228 are narrow. Just wanted to let you know so you didn`t try to cross that number with one for the wide belt. Is there any way you can take yours off and take it into NAPA to match it up?
There is enough good in the worst of us and enough bad in the best of us that it does not behoove any of us to criticize the rest of us. - - Be yourself. If you are ever lost, It will be much easier to find yourself if you know who you are!
| | | | | Joined: Mar 2001 Posts: 316 Member | | Member Joined: Mar 2001 Posts: 316 | Before NAPA closed it's Morgan Hill Distribution Center, I was able to get a 7/8" belt for the '51 GMC 248. Sadly, I gave the new owner the old belt and sleeve, so I'm not sure about the #; but I think (this is the dangerous part  ) it's #11133, but I'm probably wrong. I know I only paid ten bucks for it back in '98  .
*** GMC ***
| | | | | Joined: Feb 2002 Posts: 61 Member | | Member Joined: Feb 2002 Posts: 61 | I've got the same problem.... My 50 248 powered 300 GMC had the narrow belt water pump. Well, when I fixed it, I put the "correct" one, but now I have to find a belt. I'm just reusing the old narrow belt, so the thing squeeks when you rev it up..... Napa Web page actually has a search for parts.....and part numbers
1948 Dodge 2 ton 1950 GMC 1 1/2 ton 1952 GMC 3/4 ton
| | |
#5364 09/29/2003 12:47 AM | Joined: Aug 2000 Posts: 800 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Aug 2000 Posts: 800 | I believe I have found one. I will post it here in a week or so, after I put it on and try it out. I did have one from Napa that looked perfecr compared to the original, but I just couldn't get it mounted due to the motor mount. We'll see. | | |
| |
| |