| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,136 Posts1,056,431 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Apr 2009 Posts: 232 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Apr 2009 Posts: 232 | I need to locate a set of 16" 6 lug wheels for my 54 1/2 ton. Looking through the salvage yards what makes and model years will fit. My concern is the center hole diameter. The stock style wheels must be hub-centric not lug-centric like the aftermarket wheels --thanks | | | | | Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 381 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 381 | Are you looking for original GM 16" 6 lug truck wheels? Or some late model 16" 6 lug wheels? | | | | | Joined: Feb 2000 Posts: 769 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Feb 2000 Posts: 769 | By hub-centric I am assuming you mean that the wheels are located by the center hole and not by the lugs.
54 1/2 ton wheels are located by the lugs not the center hole. They are same as most if not all light duty trucks and all modern passenger cars, that use steel disk wheels. That is why the lug nuts have a taper on them. So they can locate the wheels. | | | | | Joined: Apr 2009 Posts: 36 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Apr 2009 Posts: 36 | Be carefull I just put a set of stock 95 chevy wheels on my 47 3/4 I was sure they would fit I bought them on craigslist matched up the lugs 8 lug and center hub hole all was good rear fit perf and the front hit the tie rod ends on the inside. I'm going to possible us wheel spacers and longer studs if I can find them. Thanks good luck check the rim off set. | | | | | Joined: Apr 2009 Posts: 232 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Apr 2009 Posts: 232 | are you sure about that? I was told by more than one wheel shop that even though the wheels have a tapered seat for the lugs that the wheel still centered on the hub unless they are aftermarket wheels. | | | | | Joined: Apr 2009 Posts: 232 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Apr 2009 Posts: 232 | any 16" 6 lug steel wheel that will fit | | | | | Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,269 Bubba - Curmudgeon | | Bubba - Curmudgeon Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,269 | Did the more than one wheel shop look at the rear hubs on your truck?
| | | | | Joined: Dec 2003 Posts: 2,733 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Dec 2003 Posts: 2,733 | Neswes: send me a private e-mail. I have a set. | | | | | Joined: Jan 2002 Posts: 2,254 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jan 2002 Posts: 2,254 | The Nissan 6 lug wheels will fit - have the same lug pattern.
But only on the back. They will hit the tie rods when put on the front.
A friend game me a spare wheel/tire and I tried it. Looked nice just did not work.
Dennis -there is nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer-
| | |
| |
| |