The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
13 members (Otto Skorzeny, Gdads51, TUTS 59, Jon G, Joe H, HandyAndy, greenie-reddy, Simso, 1955 1 Series, Southerntruck, Gib70, 3B, 1 invisible), 123 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,103
Posts1,056,183
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#534968 05/05/2009 1:10 PM
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 238
S
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
S Offline
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 238
I am rebuilding the rear end in my '50 truck at the moment. The truck has been fitted with a Dana 44 from a '63 Chevy 1/2 ton.

The axle shaft wheel bearings just have the letters BCA and the number 88128 on them. I've tried to buy some of these in the UK and have been told that there are two different bearings with this number: 88128-RA and 88128-RB does anyone know which bearing is right for this rear end?

Also when I replace the bearing and retaining ring on the axle shaft do I need to heat the retaining ring before installing it, or does it just press on? looks like it might need a big press if it has to go on cold.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 165
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 165
I have 2 of those 88128 bearings with retainers. I have sent you a message.
Yes you need a press to push on the bearings and retainers and no heat.


Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0