The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
5 members (Jon G, frogfarmer, Cletus1950, Wally / Montana, greenie-reddy), 152 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,106
Posts1,056,213
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 36
B
Apprentice
Apprentice
B Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 36
Well fellas, It works. The Linear Taper 50 ohm 5 watt "POT" (potentiometer) takes the Ohms down like was stated in the blog that I previously posted. Believe it or not it does make the gas gauge adjustable too. Unfortunately for me, I couldn't adjust the gauge down far enough to "empty" with a sizable reserve in it (5 gallons). I wanted to have a 5 gallon reserve so my BBC in my '57 Burb could make it another thirty miles or so when I hit "E". At that amount, I couldn't adjust it down any further than the quarter full mark on my gauge. With that five gallons, it does read a quarter of a tank which is accurate for the 20 gallon fuel cell. All in all I spent just shy of $10.00 for part including shipping which to me is allot better than the $30.00 dollars + another $9.00 shipping for the 30 ohm sender plus the hassle of dropping my tank again. So to me, I feel like I came out ahead. In hind site, I suppose I could have gotten away with the 47 ohm resistor that the blog also mentioned. I hope this helps someone else out. If you have any questions let me know. Thanks to all that responded to my posts. Bongo

Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 5,152
O
Cruising in the Passing Lane
Cruising in the Passing Lane
O Offline
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 5,152
Thanks for the report.


1955 1st GMC Suburban | 1954 GMC 250 trailer puller project | 1954 GMC 250 Hydra-Matic | 1954 Chevy 3100 . 1947 Chevy COE | and more...
It's true. I really don't do anything but browse the Internet looking for trouble...

Moderated by  Jon G, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0