| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
2 members (TUTS 59, 1 invisible),
89
guests, and
0
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,134 Posts1,056,402 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | |
#53060 11/30/2005 5:13 AM | Joined: Mar 2002 Posts: 990 Member | | Member Joined: Mar 2002 Posts: 990 | Anyone done a 230/250 with a 700r4 automatic and remember what flex plate they used? My 230 had a clutch on it so I don't know which to use. I need to get a starter and flex plate in the next day or so, so if you've done that stuff, it would save me a bit of trial and error. My 230 didn't come with a starter either.
Thanks O' River of Knowledge!
I've tried various web sites for them like napa online and autozone.com but its sort of like various parts would work by checking the car engine stuff and the truck engine stuff. | | |
#53061 11/30/2005 12:25 PM | Joined: Jan 2001 Posts: 662 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jan 2001 Posts: 662 | | | |
#53062 11/30/2005 7:03 PM | Joined: Mar 2002 Posts: 990 Member | | Member Joined: Mar 2002 Posts: 990 | Great site Chuck. Well done. I ought to do the same for the 59. Didja have a part number for that flex plate or know the tooth count? | | |
#53063 11/30/2005 7:17 PM | Joined: Jan 2001 Posts: 662 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jan 2001 Posts: 662 | Sorry, try this http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?part=SUM%2DG100SFI&N=115&autoview=sku
Summit part no. G100SFI, 168 Tooth SBC | | |
#53064 11/30/2005 7:26 PM | Joined: Mar 2002 Posts: 990 Member | | Member Joined: Mar 2002 Posts: 990 | Thanks mucho. I actually printed out the picture and counted the teeth from your web site!
I think I will get one from the local shop so if I have a fitment issue I can return it.
Your web site provided a wealth of info that should help me even though this is going on my 72 truck. I bought a number of bits from bowtie overdrives that should make most of the install a lot easier. You certainly had a lot of twists and turns in that tale.
What's the mileage like, ever check it? | | |
#53065 12/01/2005 12:22 PM | Joined: Jan 2001 Posts: 662 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jan 2001 Posts: 662 | Every fill up. Normal driving I get 16.5-17.5 but when the prices go up and I slow down, I get 19.5. | | |
| |
| |