The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
2 members (78buckshot, Wheelie), 131 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,128
Posts1,056,358
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 990
A
Member
Member
A Offline
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 990
Anyone done a 230/250 with a 700r4 automatic and remember what flex plate they used? My 230 had a clutch on it so I don't know which to use. I need to get a starter and flex plate in the next day or so, so if you've done that stuff, it would save me a bit of trial and error. My 230 didn't come with a starter either.

Thanks O' River of Knowledge!

I've tried various web sites for them like napa online and autozone.com but its sort of like various parts would work by checking the car engine stuff and the truck engine stuff.

Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 662
C
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
C Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 662
I used this:
http://store.summitracing.com/defau...mp;target=egnsearch.asp&x=50&y=7
I'm using a Tilton type mini-starter, rebuilt from the local auto parts store. Works great.

http://www.chuckthetruck.com/Page26.html

Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 990
A
Member
Member
A Offline
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 990
Great site Chuck. Well done. I ought to do the same for the 59. Didja have a part number for that flex plate or know the tooth count?

Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 662
C
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
C Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 662
Sorry, try this
http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?part=SUM%2DG100SFI&N=115&autoview=sku

Summit part no. G100SFI, 168 Tooth SBC

Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 990
A
Member
Member
A Offline
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 990
Thanks mucho. I actually printed out the picture and counted the teeth from your web site!

I think I will get one from the local shop so if I have a fitment issue I can return it.

Your web site provided a wealth of info that should help me even though this is going on my 72 truck. I bought a number of bits from bowtie overdrives that should make most of the install a lot easier. You certainly had a lot of twists and turns in that tale.

What's the mileage like, ever check it?

Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 662
C
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
C Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 662
Every fill up. Normal driving I get 16.5-17.5 but when the prices go up and I slow down, I get 19.5.


Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0