The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
1 members (MikeE), 121 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,129
Posts1,056,360
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#529563 04/18/2009 2:18 AM
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,048
K
'Bolter
'Bolter
K Offline
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,048
Any of you guys with a Deco trucks come up with a unique place to hide a radio? I’d like to install one as soon as I can reduce the road and transmission noise. The kick panels in front of the doors look like good places for speakers, but I’d rather not have a radio hanging under the dash. Unless there is a really small one out there.


1941 Chevy Master 3/4-Ton
In the Gallery
More images in the Bolt Bucket

Born to fish, the truck is only a hobby.
Kip's41 #529977 04/19/2009 2:06 PM
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 35
C
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
C Offline
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 35
i mounted a radio in the header panel over the windshield and also put 2 speakers up there and and 2 more in the kick panels.I have had the radio in the glove box,under the dash. Where it is now fits the best. In fact i have mounted them in 2 other trucks there also. Let me know if you would like a picture of it.

Mike

COOLIE #530008 04/19/2009 4:28 PM
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,048
K
'Bolter
'Bolter
K Offline
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,048
Yes Mike, please send a photo. [email protected]


1941 Chevy Master 3/4-Ton
In the Gallery
More images in the Bolt Bucket

Born to fish, the truck is only a hobby.
Kip's41 #530375 04/20/2009 4:43 PM
Joined: Mar 2000
Posts: 784
4
'Bolter
'Bolter
4 Offline
Joined: Mar 2000
Posts: 784
Kip I have what is called a Hidden Radio. It's built for situations like ours. I've got the control pannel mounted in the cover plate for the passenger's side windshield wiper. (I only have one wiper) The bulk of the radio is behind the seat.

I have speakers mounted in the kick panels and behind the seat. The system works great.

Just another option for ya.

George

46forme #530380 04/20/2009 4:48 PM
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 1,312
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 1,312
Put mine in the glovebox


1940 Chevy KC 1/2-Ton
In the Stovebolt Gallery
Britcon #530476 04/20/2009 9:23 PM
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,048
K
'Bolter
'Bolter
K Offline
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,048
George:

Sounds like what I'm looking for. Can you give more info on your radio, Maybe make and model number


1941 Chevy Master 3/4-Ton
In the Gallery
More images in the Bolt Bucket

Born to fish, the truck is only a hobby.
Kip's41 #530536 04/21/2009 12:40 AM
Joined: Mar 2000
Posts: 784
4
'Bolter
'Bolter
4 Offline
Joined: Mar 2000
Posts: 784
Kip, Do a google search for SecretAudio. It looks like they have a newer version now. The one I have works great and does'nt take up any space in the gove box. I just had to make a cover plate for the wiper hole that would hold the control panel. It would be easy to remove and replace if anyone wanted to go back to the orig look.

George

46forme #530736 04/21/2009 3:32 PM
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,048
K
'Bolter
'Bolter
K Offline
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,048
George, Thankx for the info, it looks "very interesting"


1941 Chevy Master 3/4-Ton
In the Gallery
More images in the Bolt Bucket

Born to fish, the truck is only a hobby.

Moderated by  Jon G, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0