The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
2 members (Joe H, PAUL Berardi), 140 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,111
Posts1,056,246
Members48,437
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#526904 04/10/2009 2:20 PM
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 46
K
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
K Offline
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 46
I have taken a transmission off the 261 I recently purchased. I do not need it. I was hoping someone could help me Identify what I have and determine it's worth. The number on the trans are:
591568
F762
GM
3813389
It has a Dana Corp PTO Division unit on the side. The plate reads Chelsea model EZRWIC, [censored]'y 50997 H69. Is this just a plain old trans or something differant?

K9sicem #529200 04/16/2009 10:25 PM
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 52
K
'Bolter
'Bolter
K Offline
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 52
I am no expert, but if it says Dana on it, it automatically is not a junky old worthless thing. There are always 4 speeds with ptos around selling for 100 bucks at least. Wish I knew more. Good luck.


Whether you think you can or can't, you're right.

Also--in 2004, I invented the spotting alert network in stovebolt after seeing so many trucks when driving around. So that means I am cool.
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 8,878
G
.
.
G Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 8,878
Most likely a 1962 to 1969 model SM420 transmission, and obviously a compatible PTO.

Hang on to it, or give or sell it to a fellow Stovebolter, someone will be happy to have/use it.

Grigg


•1951 GMC 250 in the Project Journals
•1948 Chevrolet 6400 - Detroit Diesel 4-53T - Roadranger 10 speed overdrive - 4 wheel disc brakes
•1952 Chevrolet 3800 pickup
---All pictures---
"First, get a clear notion of what you desire to accomplish, and then in all probability you will succeed in doing it..." -Henry Maudslay-

Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0