I have a 1951 Chevy 1/2 ton. Three speed off the column; 235 straight six engine.
Today when I took my truck out for the first time I heard a bad "clunk" whenever I started to go in reverse or forward. Its ok after the clutch is fully out and doesn't make the noice while driving or shifting, just when I first start to back up and go forward from a stop when the clutch is fully engaged.
My mechanic is going to look at it thursday, but from what he heard when I pulled into his shop he thinks it could be the transmission. I hope not.
Does anyone have any other ideas as to what this might be?
and if it IS the tranny, might anyone have a solid and fully functional/complete transmission to sell me to replace the one I have?
Please let me know, and let me know price including shipping to New Hampshire (zip code 03602). I'd appreciate any help in locating one.
Thanks,
Bart
(
[email protected])