The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (78buckshot, Ponchogl, JW51, IHPWR), 98 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,136
Posts1,056,431
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 208
S
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
S Offline
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 208
I ordered a fuel flex line that connects the petcock to the steel gas line and it's a different size than the orignal. The new one is tagged with the correct part number and year for the truck. It looks like the one I took off is 5/16th inch and the new one is smaller, probably 1/4 inch. If I start adding fittings to adapt the new one it may kink a little because of the added length.
Should I just use barb fittings with gas hose held on with hose clamps?
I know, it's not a major issure but I was wondering what y'all thought.
Thanks


Union, Justice and Confidence
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 208
S
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
S Offline
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 208
My friend the helicopter pilot says also the pitch of
the threads on the fittings is wrong also.
He's going to make me a new line with fittings.


Union, Justice and Confidence
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 451
C
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
C Offline
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 451
could not use mine either.
Cavebull


cavebull
Stovebolts - so easy even a Cavebull can do it.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/dodsonbrett/collections
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,048
K
'Bolter
'Bolter
K Offline
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,048
I bought a new petcock with pipe threads on both sides and had a local hydraulics shop make two short hoses with matching pipe thread. I made my own rigid line from a length of 5/16 brake line. You should find that both the tank and pump have a pipe thread and you can get to any type of thread from there.


1941 Chevy Master 3/4-Ton
In the Gallery
More images in the Bolt Bucket

Born to fish, the truck is only a hobby.
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 208
S
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
S Offline
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 208
Thanks guys, I'm a little out of practice with working on the old truck. I guess I need to warm up a little first like a 216 does so I don't let these little bumps in the road slow me down.


Union, Justice and Confidence

Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0