The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (3B, 55shaker, Gdads51), 103 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,130
Posts1,056,367
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 36
B
Apprentice
Apprentice
B Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 36
Hey Guys,( and Gals), I'm ready to get my '57 Burb on the road and do some commuting as soon as the weather breaks. When I bought my ride last fall it was already on a 1973 3/4 ton 4x4 chassis. There is currently no speedo cable. Will any '57 chevy speedo cable mate up with the 57 speedometer and a NP 203 transfer case? Would I use a '73 cable? I know chevys are good for interchangeable parts from various years, especially the motors. Is it the same for speedo cables and such? If it won't work, what are your suggestions? Thanks, Bongo

Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 8,597
W
Riding in the Passing Lane
Riding in the Passing Lane
W Offline
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 8,597
You need to use the 57 cable if it is long enough. The connections at the trans. stayed the same but the one at the speedo went to a snap in type about 1971.


They say money can't buy happiness. It can buy old Chevy trucks though. Same thing.
1972 Chevy c10 Cheyenne Super
In the Gallery Forum
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 36
B
Apprentice
Apprentice
B Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 36
Thanks Wrenchbender! I can get the '57 cables in various lengths off of ebay.

Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 158
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 158
Hey Bongo...Check out Ecklers for the cable. You are going to need a longer cable. This is the one I installed in my '58 with a 700R4. The length was 74" and should work great.

Part #519072 ONLY $31.98 including shipping...much cheaper than the ones on Ebay. Check it out!

Steve in Idaho

Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 36
B
Apprentice
Apprentice
B Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 36
Thanks Big Dog. I'll give it a gander.
Bongo


Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0