The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 69 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,115
Posts1,056,292
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 48
K
'Bolter
'Bolter
K Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 48
I just replaced my rusty, cracked, and leaking exhaust system with fenton headers, dual exhaust, and carb heat plate. I used glass packs to conserve on space under the bus. I plan to keep the single carb setup for hopefully better economy.
Other than that annoying ticking from the exhaust leaks, it ran, and idled well before the modification. Now it seems to take more choke for a longer amount of time during warm up. Once it's warmed up and the choke is off, it has a wandering idle that takes 5-10 seconds for one cycle. The vacuum advance on the distributor rotates it in sync with the idle.
I finished it last night, and then drove it 40 miles home from my Dad's place, so I haven't spent a lot of time sorting it out yet. It runs great on the highway, and seems to have more power which is a positive by-product of the modifications. All I have done so far is to open the idle mixture jet a lot, which seemed to bring the idle up enough to run. The idle set screw is already maxed out at high idle. I'm suspecting that a vacuum leak might be the cause.
I figure I have way less back pressure than before, and wonder how I might compensate for that.

Any suggestions guys?


Sometimes you got to leave 'em like you found 'em.
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 48
K
'Bolter
'Bolter
K Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 48
Okay, turned out to be one of the alignment rings causing an intake leak. Sorry for the distraction.


Moderated by  69Cuda, Super55 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0