| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,136 Posts1,056,427 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 208 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 208 | I ordered a fuel flex line that connects the petcock to the steel gas line and it's a different size than the orignal. The new one is tagged with the correct part number and year for the truck. It looks like the one I took off is 5/16th inch and the new one is smaller, probably 1/4 inch. If I start adding fittings to adapt the new one it may kink a little because of the added length. Should I just use barb fittings with gas hose held on with hose clamps? I know, it's not a major issure but I was wondering what y'all thought. Thanks
Union, Justice and Confidence
| | | | | Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 208 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 208 | My friend the helicopter pilot says also the pitch of the threads on the fittings is wrong also. He's going to make me a new line with fittings.
Union, Justice and Confidence
| | | | | Joined: Jul 2006 Posts: 451 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jul 2006 Posts: 451 | could not use mine either. Cavebull | | | | | Joined: Nov 2005 Posts: 1,048 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Nov 2005 Posts: 1,048 | I bought a new petcock with pipe threads on both sides and had a local hydraulics shop make two short hoses with matching pipe thread. I made my own rigid line from a length of 5/16 brake line. You should find that both the tank and pump have a pipe thread and you can get to any type of thread from there. | | | | | Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 208 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 208 | Thanks guys, I'm a little out of practice with working on the old truck. I guess I need to warm up a little first like a 216 does so I don't let these little bumps in the road slow me down.
Union, Justice and Confidence
| | |
| |
| |