| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
1 members (Opelika Tom),
115
guests, and
1
robot. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,134 Posts1,056,402 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jan 2007 Posts: 36 Apprentice | | Apprentice Joined: Jan 2007 Posts: 36 | '35 1-1/2T., uses 3 hinges on each door. I need to replace about 12 of the 5/16" x 24 x 3/8" long screws that I had to drill out when I started this project. These are the screws that attach the hinge plate to the door. Each door takes 9 of these. I have tryed Copperstate, Hardware Metal Specialties, McMaster Carr, and several locals. I think its called a Recessed Oval Head Screw. Any ideas where they could be found? I'm good with used ones if there not all chewed up. The only other option is to drill them all larger and tap the hinge to a larger size. I really didn't want to do that. Advice please, thanks Tom | | | | | Joined: Jun 2004 Posts: 8,597 Riding in the Passing Lane | | Riding in the Passing Lane Joined: Jun 2004 Posts: 8,597 | I have a Fastenal catalog at the shop. I can look them up tomorrow. They say money can't buy happiness. It can buy old Chevy trucks though. Same thing. 1972 Chevy c10 Cheyenne SuperIn the Gallery Forum | | | | | Joined: Jul 2005 Posts: 595 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jul 2005 Posts: 595 | | | | | | Joined: Jan 2007 Posts: 36 Apprentice | | Apprentice Joined: Jan 2007 Posts: 36 | I appreciate the catalog search, I'll try to get some pic's this morning. | | | | | Joined: Jun 2004 Posts: 8,597 Riding in the Passing Lane | | Riding in the Passing Lane Joined: Jun 2004 Posts: 8,597 | Fastenal didn't show any in their catalog. Sorry George They say money can't buy happiness. It can buy old Chevy trucks though. Same thing. 1972 Chevy c10 Cheyenne SuperIn the Gallery Forum | | | | | Joined: Jan 2007 Posts: 36 Apprentice | | Apprentice Joined: Jan 2007 Posts: 36 | Unfortunately my camera does not do too well on close ups. I would like to stay with a single slot head if possible for originallity. I don't think they made Alan Head Cap Screws back in the 30's. Thanks for the try though. Tom | | | | | Joined: Jun 2004 Posts: 8,597 Riding in the Passing Lane | | Riding in the Passing Lane Joined: Jun 2004 Posts: 8,597 | A slotted flat head would be awful close. Have you checked with Jim Carters. They have a lot of parts for the 30"s trucks. They say money can't buy happiness. It can buy old Chevy trucks though. Same thing. 1972 Chevy c10 Cheyenne SuperIn the Gallery Forum | | | | | Joined: Jan 2007 Posts: 36 Apprentice | | Apprentice Joined: Jan 2007 Posts: 36 | Hey Mike, That's exactly what they looked like. I know they were a "son of a gun" to remove. Unfortunately I had to drill out about 1/2 of them. I will try Carters, but last time I called them about some misc. hardware they couldn't help me. Thanks Mike for the pics. Maybe someone will recognize and advise accordingly. Tom | | |
| |
| |