The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
8 members (1955 1 Series, Otto Skorzeny, KEVINSKI, Lostbuthaulinass, Peggy M, tclederman, 2 invisible), 92 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,142
Posts1,056,478
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#518379 03/18/2009 5:46 AM
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 74
K
New Guy
New Guy
K Offline
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 74
I took my brake and clutch stuff out a while back and I'm ashamed to say I don't know how to put everything back together. I've got a pile of parts here - the pivot, the clutch and brake levers that go on it, a bunch of washers...does anybody have a diagram of how this all goes back together? Thanks!

Joined: May 2001
Posts: 7,438
Extreme Gabster
Extreme Gabster
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 7,438
Someone probably does. But they'll need to know what model truck you are working on.


"It's just a phase. He'll grow out of it." Mama, 1964

1956 Chevy 1/2-ton 3100
1953 Chevy 6100 "The Yard dog"
1954 GMC Suburban Now with a new proud owner.
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 74
K
New Guy
New Guy
K Offline
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 74
Sorry! Its a 1952 3100

Last edited by Keahi; 03/18/2009 6:27 AM.
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,644
P
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
P Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,644
I got a 52 3100 to ,I took pics of what You need check My pics, Pete

http://s559.photobucket.com/albums/ss39/sparky52/

Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 74
K
New Guy
New Guy
K Offline
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 74
Thanks Pete, that does help some. I think I also need an exploded pic so that I know if I have all the parts - I think I'm missing the outermost clip that holds everything together.

Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,644
P
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
P Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,644
Best thing to do is get a factory assembly manual it is a reprint it shows You every thing on our trucks I mean everything nuts , bolts and washers all frame parts and how it was assembled at the factory , Pete

Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 74
K
New Guy
New Guy
K Offline
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 74
I tore my house apart today looking for the factory assembly manual - I knew I had one around here somewhere - and miracle of miracles, I actually found it!

With the help of your pics and the manual I figured out that I had everything except the outermost clip. One trip to the hardware store and a $.30 e-clip later I had everything together. Thank you!


Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,644
P
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
P Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,644
Good luck on Your truck, Pete


Moderated by  Dusty53, SWEET 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0