| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
0 members (),
149
guests, and
2
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,113 Posts1,056,619 Members48,450 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Mar 2006 Posts: 11 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Mar 2006 Posts: 11 | I have been doing some searching for an engine/trans for my 41 1/2 ton. I noted 0n an engine today 42-53 216 (thanks to inliners)the trans side cover did not have mounting for e-brake.What years could I use to not have to make some bracket.In other words Im looking for as near a drop in as possible.I also had discussion today on a 56 235 (better choice I know)...there again no tapped holes for the e-brake/master. What are my choices?????
Thanks, Mike
mike
| | | | | Joined: Mar 2000 Posts: 784 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2000 Posts: 784 | Hey Mike, Lets see if I can help. If you want to keep your orig. e-brake and clutch/brake pedels you will need to use a 41-46 bell housing. You can bolt that bell housing to a 216,235,or 261 with out any modifications, other than maybe drilling holes for the front motor mount. As for the trans any orig 41-16 3spd or 4spd will bolt right up and you can bolt your e-brake to it. If you want to go to an open driveline you can jump to a T5 which will require an adaptor between the trans and bell housing, you also will need to fab a mount for the e-brake. If you want to stick with a true bolt-up You will have to stick with a 41-46 bell housing and trans. The engine is up to you. Good Luck George | | | | | Joined: Mar 2006 Posts: 11 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Mar 2006 Posts: 11 | George, That is exactly what I needed to know....thank you for taking the time to impart your knowledge... This site is great...I can almost feel the road under me already
Mike
mike
| | | | | Joined: Mar 2006 Posts: 11 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Mar 2006 Posts: 11 | Hello, I think I have found a 235 to go in my 41...question..will the flywheel,clutch,and pressure plate work on the 41 trans and bell or should I leave that behind.
Thanks, Mike
mike
| | |
| |
| |