The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (Frank50, Nick in Manitou, Donf, 1 invisible), 83 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,115
Posts1,056,636
Members48,450
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 11
M
New Guy
New Guy
M Offline
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 11
I have been doing some searching for an engine/trans for my 41 1/2 ton.
I noted 0n an engine today 42-53 216 (thanks to inliners)the trans side cover did not have mounting for e-brake.What years could I use to not have to make some bracket.In other words Im looking for as near a drop in as possible.I also had discussion today on a 56 235 (better choice I know)...there again no tapped holes for the e-brake/master.
What are my choices?????

Thanks,
Mike


mike
Joined: Mar 2000
Posts: 784
4
'Bolter
'Bolter
4 Offline
Joined: Mar 2000
Posts: 784
Hey Mike, Lets see if I can help. If you want to keep your orig. e-brake and clutch/brake pedels you will need to use a 41-46 bell housing. You can bolt that bell housing to a 216,235,or 261 with out any modifications, other than maybe drilling holes for the front motor mount.

As for the trans any orig 41-16 3spd or 4spd will bolt right up and you can bolt your e-brake to it. If you want to go to an open driveline you can jump to a T5 which will require an adaptor between the trans and bell housing, you also will need to fab a mount for the e-brake.

If you want to stick with a true bolt-up You will have to stick with a 41-46 bell housing and trans. The engine is up to you.

Good Luck
George

Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 11
M
New Guy
New Guy
M Offline
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 11
George,
That is exactly what I needed to know....thank you for taking the time to impart your knowledge...
This site is great...I can almost feel the road under me already

Mike


mike
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 11
M
New Guy
New Guy
M Offline
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 11
Hello,
I think I have found a 235 to go in my 41...question..will the flywheel,clutch,and pressure plate work on the 41 trans and bell or should I leave that behind.

Thanks,
Mike


mike

Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0