| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
2 members (R&S 51 GMC, Tiny),
152
guests, and
2
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,125 Posts1,056,338 Members48,440 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jan 2003 Posts: 4 Member | | Member Joined: Jan 2003 Posts: 4 | I’ve got a Chevy ’54 ½ ton that’s in a desperate need of new brakes. I’m not a great mechanic (My favorite tool is a hammer) but have a guy that’s very good. He rebuilt the front brakes and got ready to do the rear brakes. But when he pulled the rear wheels off, he found that the rear brakes were Hucks brakes, which means the rear axle had been changed to an earlier axle at some time in the past. He feels I would do better with both front and rear being Bendix so I’m looking for some help on how to convert the rear brakes. I’ve done a search of the forums and found a link that explains how to convert the front hucks brakes to Bendix but it doesn’t say how to convert the rears. Would the same procedures be used on the rears or is there some other things that must be done. Any help would be greatly appreciated
Life without beer is like a broken pencil.... completely pointless.
| | |
| |
| |