| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,116 Posts1,056,637 Members48,450 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | |
#50191 09/15/2005 4:54 AM | Joined: Aug 2005 Posts: 107 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Aug 2005 Posts: 107 | Well I just don't get it. Torque tubes are new to me and I don't know where to start when taking the transmission out. What is inside all that what parts should I replace while I have it apart? Any links and or just plain help will be great.
1946 1/2 ton I'm not addicted I just don't know when to stop
| | |
#50192 09/16/2005 1:16 AM | Joined: Jan 2005 Posts: 1,682 Extreme Gabster | | Extreme Gabster Joined: Jan 2005 Posts: 1,682 | The only experience I have with Torque Tube is on a '50 1/2 ton.. I don't really get it either. Near as I can figure, it's a regular U-Joint inside a tube.. for whatever reason.. but I found the service manuals online to aid in getting the '50 3100's Torque Tube driveshaft off and out of the way to pull the tranny for a clutch replacement. Here's a link to the 1942 and 1946 Shop Manual courtesy of The Online Manual Project 1942 and 1946 Shop Manual
an idea is only stupid if you think about it rationally.
| | |
| |
| |