The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
7 members (Charles in CA, LAROKE, Wally / Montana, Cletus1950, 78buckshot, TrknGMC, UtahYork), 162 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,107
Posts1,056,221
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#499567 01/30/2009 4:41 PM
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 117
4
'Bolter
'Bolter
4 Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 117
Hello fellow bolters l am just woundering if anyone uses Lucas heavy duty oil stabilizer in there old 216 235 engines to tighten things up and increase oil pressure and reduce oil consumption Ive seen there demonstration it relay sticks to metal compared to regular oil would this be a good or bad thing Thx

Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 112
F
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
F Offline
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 112
I have used this in IHC engines, which are well known for blowby, works good.
I use it in my 305 gmc v6 for the same purpose, works even better for blowby in that engine. Watch how much you use, it thickens up the oil quite a bit, I have talked to a couple of guys who used it in from day one in 250k mile 454 engines. I use Rotella T 10w40 in the GMC. It makes the oil sticky and the websites say it is "old technology", but I like it. I put 1qut in with 5 of oil for a six quart fill up. I use in on NOISY transmissions. I know a guy who puts it in big truck transmissions, I have seen for my own eyes that it brings down trans temps 20 degrees. Might be something better, but I bet its not cheaper.


64 & 66 GMC long fleetside 4x4
Cartwright, OK
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 151
B
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
B Offline
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 151
I know just in this area the guys with the diesel pick-ups use it at every oil change and the ranchers use it in thier tractors too.( working in parts store part time for quite awhile)


David
Just a firefighter,
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult
'46 1/2 T Panel
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 493
N
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
N Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 493
The 1982 S-10 I have has a four cylinder Isuzu motor. I had a problem with a bad head a few years ago. The truck was put out to pasture for 3 years before I got around to putting on the new head. Where the water was in the number three cylinder for those years there is a nice groove in the cylinder. Due to budget concerns at the time I cleaned it up and drove it. If I run it without the Lucas it smokes like the fog machine they use to spray DDT on us with. It also fouls the plug in a few hundred miles and uses a quart of oil every few hundred miles or so. With the Lucas at an oil change there is very little smoke when it first starts up then not so you would notice. The plug doesn't foul and the oil consumption is normal for a Isuzu motor with 160,00. I have been using the truck pretty regularly for eight years like this. I am a sold customer. The S-10 is on the rebuild after the 52' list.


Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0