Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
8 members (Otto Skorzeny, keithfielder, 68ironhead, 1955 1 Series, Phak1, 55shaker, 3B, Peggy M),
112
guests, and
2
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,107 Posts1,056,557 Members48,448 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Sep 2008 Posts: 226 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Sep 2008 Posts: 226 | It has the Vintage logo that was used by Briggs and Stratton. It is a aftermaket install for shure.
Good luck Poets Seat AutoAppraisals, Parts, ServicePast: General Motor's Master Technician Member: Northeast Chevy/GMC Truck ClubPhone Number: 413.774.5856 Collector of: 1951 Army Chevy Burb barn door,53 GMC COE,two 1934 Chevy Truck,1935 Chevy Army Truck.1950 Gmc Suburban clamshell these are just my chevy/gmc trucks.
| | | | | Joined: Mar 2007 Posts: 4,215 Moderator | | Moderator Joined: Mar 2007 Posts: 4,215 | I can't be sure but when we went to school in the 60's, we had the Econoline vans with a small heater near the rear wheel well. It was an auxiliary heater but I can't say for sure, but it looked similar to the one you show. | | | | | Joined: Oct 2003 Posts: 445 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Oct 2003 Posts: 445 | looks to be out of a Devco milk truck.I have the same thing mine
dan-pa
| | | | | Joined: Jan 2008 Posts: 165 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Jan 2008 Posts: 165 | Looks an awful lot like the Hupp heaters, used in Peterbilt and Kw trucks from the late 50's thru the 60's | | | | | Joined: Feb 2002 Posts: 12,029 Cruising in the Passing Lane | | Cruising in the Passing Lane Joined: Feb 2002 Posts: 12,029 | yes it's from a Briggs and Stratton division, an aftermarket addition to a truck that [like many] came from the factory without one
Bill | | | | | Joined: Aug 2006 Posts: 20 Apprentice | | Apprentice Joined: Aug 2006 Posts: 20 | I have one that looks much like Belcasters. Mine has stamped in red letters on it JAN5 6412V. I beleive it is a model 356 heater made by Hupp in Cleveland,Ohio.The front cover on this one is chromed, I found it in a parts box in the 551st when I picked it up. | | | | | Joined: Aug 2006 Posts: 112 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Aug 2006 Posts: 112 | I had one of those in a 49 Willys pickup. Aftermarket....
64 & 66 GMC long fleetside 4x4 Cartwright, OK
| | | | | Joined: Mar 2009 Posts: 2 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Mar 2009 Posts: 2 | I have this Model 356 Heater brand new in the box, I got it from a Military Surplus Auction decades ago. The manufacturer's info on the box says the following; MP - Mobile Products Division HUPP, INC 1135 IVANHOE ROAD - Cleveland, Ohio 44110 One Of The White Consolidated Industries WCI ----------------Blower 356 - 6V ----------------Heater Here's photos of it; http://s730.photobucket.com/albums/ww307/Conveyician/Model%20356%20Heater/Hope this answers your questions. | | | | | Joined: Mar 2009 Posts: 2 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Mar 2009 Posts: 2 | OH, and BTW, Hello Everyone! I'm new here, I live in Gold Hill, Oregon, and I love anything mechanical - Especially Chevy's. I have what I believe to be a 1936 Chevrolet Pickup, which I am going to restore.
Hope to be swapping ideas and information with you all.
-Convey | | | | | Joined: Jan 2009 Posts: 58 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Jan 2009 Posts: 58 | Hello Belcasters 51, that heater looks exactly like the one in my 1957 Chevy 3100. Love the little doors you can open to direct the air. Click on my photobucket link and find the picture of the interior of my truck and you will see the heater. The name on mine is "Gabriel Heaters".  | | |
| |