The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
5 members (UtahYork, 9% grade, Wooley, 5cameo8, Shade Baby), 111 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,108
Posts1,056,565
Members48,448
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 16
B
New Guy
New Guy
B Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 16
I just cannot find any pictures of this heater anywhere! Does anybody here know anything about it. It says "Briggs Heater" on it. Could it be a branch off of "Briggs and Stratton"? Click the link to see the pictures. Thanks everybody.

http://s357.photobucket.com/albums/oo18/Belcasters-51/Unknown%20Heater/?albumview=grid

Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 226
P
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
P Offline
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 226
It has the Vintage logo that was used by Briggs and Stratton. It is a aftermaket install for shure.

Good luck


Poets Seat Auto
Appraisals, Parts, Service
Past: General Motor's Master Technician
Member: Northeast Chevy/GMC Truck Club
Phone Number: 413.774.5856
Collector of: 1951 Army Chevy Burb barn door,53 GMC COE,two 1934 Chevy Truck,1935 Chevy Army Truck.1950 Gmc Suburban clamshell these are just my chevy/gmc trucks.
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,215
Leo Offline
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,215
I can't be sure but when we went to school in the 60's, we had the Econoline vans with a small heater near the rear wheel well. It was an auxiliary heater but I can't say for sure, but it looked similar to the one you show.

Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 445
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 445
looks to be out of a Devco milk truck.I have the same thing mine


dan-pa
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 165
A
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
A Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 165
Looks an awful lot like the Hupp heaters, used in Peterbilt and Kw trucks from the late 50's thru the 60's

Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 12,029
F
Cruising in the Passing Lane
Cruising in the Passing Lane
F Offline
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 12,029
yes it's from a Briggs and Stratton division, an aftermarket addition to a truck that [like many] came from the factory without one

Bill


Moved over to the Passing Lane

"When we tug a single thing in nature, we find it attached to the rest of the world" ~ John Muir
"When we tug a single thing on an old truck, we find it falls off" ~ me
Some TF series details & TF heater pics
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 20
M
Apprentice
Apprentice
M Offline
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 20
I have one that looks much like Belcasters. Mine has stamped in red letters on it JAN5 6412V. I beleive it is a model 356 heater made by Hupp in Cleveland,Ohio.The front cover on this one is chromed, I found it in a parts box in the 551st when I picked it up.

Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 112
F
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
F Offline
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 112
I had one of those in a 49 Willys pickup. Aftermarket....


64 & 66 GMC long fleetside 4x4
Cartwright, OK
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 2
C
New Guy
New Guy
C Offline
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 2
I have this Model 356 Heater brand new in the box, I got it from a Military Surplus Auction decades ago. The manufacturer's info on the box says the following;

MP - Mobile Products Division
HUPP, INC
1135 IVANHOE ROAD - Cleveland, Ohio 44110
One Of The White Consolidated Industries
WCI

----------------Blower
356 - 6V
----------------Heater


Here's photos of it;

http://s730.photobucket.com/albums/ww307/Conveyician/Model%20356%20Heater/


Hope this answers your questions.

Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 2
C
New Guy
New Guy
C Offline
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 2
OH, and BTW, Hello Everyone! I'm new here, I live in Gold Hill, Oregon, and I love anything mechanical - Especially Chevy's. I have what I believe to be a 1936 Chevrolet Pickup, which I am going to restore.

Hope to be swapping ideas and information with you all.

-Convey

Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 58
O
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
O Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 58
Hello Belcasters 51, that heater looks exactly like the one in my 1957 Chevy 3100. Love the little doors you can open to direct the air. Click on my photobucket link and find the picture of the interior of my truck and you will see the heater. The name on mine is "Gabriel Heaters".
drive


Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0