Where can I get 1946 chevrolet 8 lug wheels. Are there any companies the make reproductions of these wheels?
There is a guy name Tom hat has a parts place in Miami Ok, Tom's Chevy Parts I think, and I picked up 4 8 lug split rims for my 49 3600- I got the four rims, four bias ply with tubes and tube savers for about $215 total, as well as replacement hub cap clips- some needed repair( the clips), and the rims needed sandblasting and repainting.
Tom basically has a salvage yard of art deco and advanced design chevy and gmc trucks- and even some stuff into the 60's, but mostly deco and advance design.
I thought it was a pretty good deal, he has mostly, 7.00x15 size rims, but he probably has both, best place for hard to find original parts.
If you search for redkneck trailer here you will find a link about solid tubeless rims that will fit the truck- the only mod needed is to mount the clips to mount the hubcaps-