| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
9 members (John Dlugos, Buckeye998, Gray_Ghost, Gdads51, dt235sd, rfs56trk, BCBill, Otto Skorzeny, Dusty53),
236
guests, and
0
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,101 Posts1,056,172 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | |
#49605 08/28/2005 1:13 AM | Joined: May 2005 Posts: 12 Junior Member | | Junior Member Joined: May 2005 Posts: 12 | I picked up a pan gasket for a '54 235 at NAPA auto parts, and it doesn't fit my pan. The gasket is in two parts and symetrical. My pan needs a two-part gasket, but the left side has a bulge. Do I have a '54 pan, or was my '54 late enough that I got a '55 engine instead? The NAPA parts book had a gasket for something old up to '54, then one for '55, then one from '56-60something. Could I have the odd '55 engine in a '54? | | |
#49606 08/28/2005 2:49 AM | Joined: May 2005 Posts: 12 Junior Member | | Junior Member Joined: May 2005 Posts: 12 | Never mind! I just used Inliners listing of casting numbers and found that the engine is a 68-62 235. No wonder the gaskets didn't fit! | | |
| |
| |