| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
2 members (fonz8261, 1 invisible),
128
guests, and
0
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,119 Posts1,056,317 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Aug 2001 Posts: 78 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Aug 2001 Posts: 78 | Hey guys thanks for the replies so far this site ROCKS. Anyways, I have some more man. trans questions, as I really know very little about them. If I go to a muncie or a late model 5 spd., what needs to be changed in terms of actually connecting the trans to the block? Will I need a different flywheel? If I do, are all manual trans sbc flywheels the same or will I have to get a specific year to fit the '95 block? The hydraulic clutch setup sounds reasonable enough so far. Thanks in advance.
'46 grass clippin' Chevy
----------------------------------- Rollin' Hard 1946 Chevy 1/2 ton 1959 Phord 1/2 ton 2001 Chevy 1/2 ton
| | | | | Joined: Feb 2000 Posts: 587 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Feb 2000 Posts: 587 | All GM trannies use the same bolt pattern, no matter if small, big or six block. Wait...on rear drive, Wait.....well trucks anyway. Wait, not some of S-10 little engines either. Anyway, some have diff flywheels tho. Diff size clutches maybe. Most should have same trans mount holes up to about 92 on trucks and the Camaro's with the T-5 five speed I think "leans" one way. SO, If I haven't confused you, I have me, you should be safe with muscle car type trannies and bellhousings. Then there's mechanical and hydraulic clutch activation too. New ones have the throw-out bearing and clutch actuator as one with line running to it, no levers to pedals.
G.L. Grumpy's Old Iron Ranch Huntington, IN 46750
MM R tractor, Speedex and Power King tractors
| | |
| |
| |