The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
1 members (Woodcmiami), 86 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,100
Posts1,056,513
Members48,448
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 78
B
Member
Member
B Offline
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 78
Ok This is what i have got right now and I'm not sure if it is installed right. I have a 350 in a 65 that uses a mount on each side of the motor towards the front. My question is what supports the rear of the engine if I pull my transmission(which isn't installed). Right now I have the rear of the engine chained to my ceiling joist in my shop and it just doesnt seem like that should be the way to do it. I figure you should be able to remove the transmission without worrying if the rear of the engine is going to drop to the ground. Which brings me to my next question. I purchased a transmission crossmember from CPP that is supposed to be for a TH350, 700R4, and others. Today I was just trying to get an idea of where to mount the crossmember by using a empty housing of a TH350. When I put the crossmember in where it needed to be it was right on top of another crossmember that has the springs and other hookups for the emergency brake. I have a 66 pickup also so I crawled under it to see how the stock manual transmission is mounted and it has a transmission crossmember there but not the crossmember that I was talking about for the emergency brake. So I am pretty confused on what I need to do right now. obviously, having a transmission mounted is more important to me than having an emergency brake so do I need to remove it and mount the transmission crossmember in its place. As of right now I have no transmission crossmember mounted anywhere. I hope someone can help. Also, Once I get the crossmember where it needs to be will it be the same for the TH350 and 700R4 if decide to go with it.
Thanks
Brady

Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 75
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 75
Manual trans did not have a cross member under them there should be mounts at the back of the engine, the trans just stuck out in the air. the truck that I have seen with auto had the cross member with the brake and trans mount on it. Is the 65 a factory auto are a manual trans truck.

super250six


Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0