The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
5 members (wvstovebolt, 50Chevy3100, Red75bronco, 66flea, Gray_Ghost), 83 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,129
Posts1,056,697
Members48,454
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 375
J
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
J Offline
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 375
Anyone know of a source for a copper oil pressure line with fitting that will seal on the back side of the oil pressure guage on the 57 Chevy pickup? The threads on what I can find aren't deep enough. Thanks.


Jerry Acheson
Indianapolis, IN
57 Chevy 3100
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 6,100
3
3B Offline
'Bolter
'Bolter
3 Offline
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 6,100
Hy Jerry A, I'm not really sure if 57 still used the "threaded sleeve" setup that was used on older models, the p/n for the nut for 1/8" tube is 6100X2 which is a Weatherhead number, hope that helps.

Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 375
J
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
J Offline
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 375
Thanks. It's male and it's compression style.


Jerry Acheson
Indianapolis, IN
57 Chevy 3100
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 6,100
3
3B Offline
'Bolter
'Bolter
3 Offline
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 6,100
Hy Jerry A, if it's compression here are the Weatherhead p/ns for the compression sleeve and the nut for the line, you didn't tell us what size tubing so here are a few numbers
compression sleeve nut
1/8" 60X2 61X2
3/16" 60X3 61X3
1/4" 60X4 61X4
I'm sure you get the idea, hope that helps.

Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 375
J
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
J Offline
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 375
I'd bet it's 1/8" (very fine). I ordered a pair of 6100x2's from Aircraft Spruce today for $.44 each. They'll ship on Monday. Thanks again.

I checked the dimensions of the ones I ordered vs. what I took out and found that the thread went a bit deeper on the new part. That should solve the problem I had with the old one.


Jerry Acheson
Indianapolis, IN
57 Chevy 3100
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 203
G
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
G Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 203
https://www.stovebolt.com/ubbthread...;Main=66858&Number=482156#Post482156

Hey Jerry,

I was just looking for the same thing for my truck the other week. Check out that post. Surprisingly, I found everything at NAPA.

Dave

Last edited by GMCdp; 01/02/2009 7:45 PM.

Dave

Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0